Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Tour de france

J-Man Rx NFL Pick 4 Champion for 2005 kermit16's Avatar
    Today’s stage went to a breakaway escapee as Lennard Kamna was able to outfinish Richard Carapaz with Sebastien Reichenbach taking third.
    Main CG standings remained unchanged as Roglic help off Pogacar’s attempt to try to steal a few seconds on last few Meters of stage.
    Tomorrow’s stage is just plain brutal with a steep Mountain top finish. Yes this stage is for the big guns and I fully expect Pogacar to try to gain a few seconds back on this mountain top finish. You don’t want to miss this stage as it’s show me what you got time !

RX Senior
    yup, stage 17 is being anticipated as the Biggie by nearly everyone.

crazy, crazy ...crazy

Every tour de france champion eventually needs to prove his worth ,despite team. Roglic needs to be that tomorrow. He may end up isolated in the final ascent...does he have the legs? we shall see. Pogacar absolutely will need to make a move, tomorrow or Stage 18-is what it is

will be interesting to see how Jumbo plays it tomorrow. When do they use Wout to pull ? 1st or 2nd mountain? Wout was with him today late, but on Sunday it was Dumolin, Sepp , Bennett late, they used Wout early to shatter the peloton, lol

Primoz Roglic (Jumbo-Visma) – overall race leader, 22nd on stage 16

"It was a good day again for us, again in yellow but the start was quite fast, for sure in the first hour and again in the end it was going a bit faster. We needed to keep the focus up.
    "Some big days to come but the team was again doing a really great job, all the guys. We're ready and looking forward to [the coming stages]. [Tomorrow] is a 'Queen Stage' of this year, definitely, the highest point - super hard at the end with a bike path going in the last 3-4k - going quite close to the ski jump in Courchevel. The thing is, when you have the legs you can go on the flat, uphill, not so steep and more steep. Hopefully I will have the legs and we will do our best." (ASO)

Tadej Pogacar (UAE Team Emirates) - second overall, 21st on stage 16

"Today was a good day – a nice warm-up for tomorroe which will probably be the queen stage. Tomorrow there will be splits, I think.
    "I feel good physically. It's the third week, so everyone is exhausted. Day by day, the legs are getting more and more tired, but I hope I have something left.
    "Tomorrow we have the Col de la Loze which will be selective for sure." (UAE Team Emirates)

showtime
    Pinarello (Paris) 2012 , dura-ace c50, shimano ultegra Di2

Pogacar comment “ It was a nice warmup is a tad scary if you have very little on him ! I wish I had Ricboff confidence that Roglic will win ! Pogacar is a threat !

RX Senior
    jumbo did not lead the peloton up the first mountain, conserve?...lets see what happens....here we go;

Up we go and all the top contenders look ready for the final climb ! Road will narrow and the Real battle will begin !

Carapaz putting up a gallant fight to hold off the yellow Jersey group. Can he survive ?

I read that it reaches 24 % on a portion of this climb ! Unreal !

RX Senior
    yellow group in shambles, all roglic has is kuss

roglic Vs Pogacar going to happen!!!!

RX Senior
    Roglic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RX Senior
    ''Every tour de france champion eventually needs to prove his worth ,despite team. Roglic needs to be that tomorrow. He may end up isolated in the final ascent...does he have the legs? we shall see.''

He did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RX Senior
    Lopez what a ride!!!!!!

RX Senior
    in CONTROL

RX Senior
    Roglic imposed his will , separates from younger fellow countryman and expands the lead to :57s

at this point a disaster would have to strike for him to not be the 2020 Tour de France Champion

roglic - 900 ,lol

What a brutal finish ! Wow ! Miguel Lopez wins stage ! Primoz Roglic finishes second with Tadej Pogacar taking third ! Roglic takes a commanding lead with just one more Mountain stage remaining tomorrow before the Individual Time Trial. Lopez did something I didn’t think was possible as he outkicked Roglic on final steep summit ! No problem for Roglic however as he increased his lead by finishing 15 seconds ahead of Pogacar and added a few more seconds of bonus time !

Tomorrow’s stage 18 is a tough mountain stage but it’s not as brutal as today’s stage 17. I feel this is exactly the type of stage where having the strongest Team will really help Roglic neutralize any attacks by Pogacar or Lopez. The huge difference between the two is the steep mountain top FINISH that we saw today. Even though tomorrow has some really tough climbs, the summits of these climbs are well before the finish of stage 18. Although an attack can get you over the top first, a powerful Jumbo team should be able to bring Anyone back. Of course Roglic will not object to any breakaway riders to escape as that would actually Help his cause. Since Pogacar and Lopez need to try to gain a lot of time back, I expect them to give it a go.
    Go Roglic !

The only real challenge left today for Pogacar is can he sprint to take the 4 seconds by taking 3 rd in today’s stage.

RX Senior

Well Ineos at least salvaged a dismal TDF with a stage One Two finish with box to wire rides by Michael Kwiatkowski and Richard Carapaz.
    However the bigger story was how Jumbo-Visma completely controlled the GC Peleton group and cleverly allowed their best finisher Wout Van Aert to grab the key third place time bonus points from going to Pogacar. It certainly looks like the final Time trial will show a 57 second advantage to Roglic !

RX Senior
    agreed, great moment for Michal K!!!

Michal Kwiatkowski (Ineos Grenadiers), stage 18 winner

"That was some day. I can’t describe how grateful I am to the whole team and to Richard [Carapaz]. It was an incredible day for us and I will never forget that. I’ve had some nice moments in cycling but that was something new. I got goosebumps for the last kilometers because I knew that the gap was so big that we would make it. Both of us really enjoyed the last kilometers. It’s incredible.
    "We’re going to celebrate big time tonight because we all deserve it. We put on a show today and we have to enjoy that." (Eurosport)

Mikel Landa (Bahrain-McLaren), up to fifth overall

"It was our last opportunity. We had our team up toward the front but it’s a shame that we couldn’t do any better because Jumbo-Visma’s pace was too high and as a consequence we couldn’t do better. That’s just how it went. It was a good team effort and they worked really hard and I’m proud of what the team have achieved in the last couple of days." (Eurosport)

Primoz Roglic (Jumbo Visma), yellow jersey

"It was two hard days in a row, yesterday and also today. Again the team did a great job - I was there, so one day less. It's always a lot of space to do a lot of things, you had a lot of climbs. We managed it really good with the full team and we bring it to the end here."

Tadej Pogacar (UAE Team Emirates), second overall

"On the profile, it was one of the toughest stages. And it was really hard. Jumbo did great work and had the whole stage under control. I tried on the last climb but it wasn’t possible. I didn’t have better legs than everyone else. It was all together in the end and I tried to sprint for third place. It was a good day for the team and they worked really hard again. I’m happy with their performance."

On the dirt section

"[Primoz] Roglic and I were both happy that nothing happened in the gravel because there was a possibility to puncture. It’s a good day behind us and we look ahead to the time trial. I did not know that Richie [Porte] had a puncture but I knew that he was behind. I’m glad that he came back because it would be unfortunate for him if a puncture caused him to lose his good place [overall]."

Stage 19 is in the books and all the main GC CONTENDERS took the day off more or less in anticipation to tomorrow’s ITT. Only real interesting development was in the Green Jersey race where Sam Bennett has pretty much wrapped up the Title over 7 time champion Peter Sagan.
    Today’s stage was won by Soren Kraft Andersen for his second win in this year’s Tour. Luka Mezgec takes second with Jasper Stuyven taking third.
    Primoz Roglic goes into tomorrow’s time trial with a 57 second lead which should easily hold up to keep him in yellow ! Only real mystery tomorrow is who will win the time trial and of course can Pogacar wrest the King of Mountain Jersey off Richard Carapaz ! Pogacar is a very good time trialist so I’d guess yes !

Final minutes of stage 20 of Time Trial and Pogacar is making this close !

Wow ! I see a huge problem as that sure looked like far more than 5 seconds and there could be a penalty coming !

I can’t believe this but Pogacar could easily win this years Tour !

Right now Pogacar has a decent lead overall over Roglic !

He’s won the stage and I’m sure the Tour De France !