Forum: OFFSHORE FORUM - Online Sportsbetting - Mentioned in NY TIMES, WSJ, USA TODAY, & DRF. The internet's most popular and busiest sports betting forum. The place to discuss all kinds of sports and gambling related subjects.

Thread: Tour de france

Page 1 of 27 1234567891021 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Tour de france 
    J-Man Rx NFL Pick 4 Champion for 2005 kermit16's Avatar
    For years I've been giving updates on the Tour. This year I will not be giving any real updates as the ongoing drug use has dampened most peoples interest. However that doesn't stop me from trying to make some $$ on the race as I've done extremely well over the years. This year's tour is very, very difficult IMHO. I believe there are 5 mountain top finishes and that always favors the great climbers. Even though it has been some time since any repeat winners, my $$ is on Chris Froome ! He is an elite climber plus He excells in the time trials. Contador is in top shape and will be Froome's primary competition. Another great climber is Nibali but I doubt if He can compete with Froome and Contador when the stages hit the extreme climbs. Should be fun if you like the Tour ! GL

RX Wizard
    with ya, Froome for me. He's been the best rider for 3 yrs now. Another championship for Team Sky?....another Championship for Pinarello?
    Pinarello (Paris) 2012 , dura-ace c50, shimano ultegra Di2

Quote Originally Posted by Ricboff View Post
    with ya, Froome for me. He's been the best rider for 3 yrs now. Another championship for Team Sky?....another Championship for Pinarello?
    Yes the year Bradley Wiggins won the Tour, it was very obvious that Froome was the better rider and He was simply being a good team player for the chosen team leader Wiggins. Several of the steep grades had Froome leading Wiggins up the slopes and several times slowing to bring him back to the lead.

The new sprint King Kittel won his 3 rd stage in first 4 days of Tour. However the big news was the huge favorite to win the Tour, Chris Froome took a nasty spill early in the stage ! It remains to be seen if He suffered any injuries that will hamper his chances to win the Tour. It appeared that his wrist was injured to some degree and tomorrow's stage is a dangerous stage as it takes the riders over cobblestones.

Home of the Cincinnati Criminals. bigbet1234's Avatar
    How ya been Kermit?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbet1234 View Post
    How ya been Kermit?
    All's good here in Vegas my friend. Back to the Tour's latest. Chris Froome's X Rays showed no problems so I feel the + 125 for him to win the Tour at 5 Dimes is a great value. Cobblestones tomorrow will make for an interesting day.

Chris Froome is OUT of the Tour !! He fell twice again today and withdrew ! So much for me making any $$ this year ! It was a horrible day for racing as it rained hard all day and spills were the order of the day. Contador also had a bad day as He fell about 3 minutes off the leader Nabali. Nabali is a very good climber so it will be interesting whether Contador can get back into the chase once the race hits the high Mountains that He prefers. Nobody expected him to struggle in today's stage as much as He did. New race with Nabali now the favorite I would guess. I hope nobody took my advice and wagered the + 125 on froome !

Just commenting that tomorrow's stage 10 will be perhaps the toughest test so far in this year's Tour. The race looks to be down to a 2 Man race between Contador and Nabali now that Froome is OUT of the Tour. Since tomorrow's race is followed by a REST day, I would expect Contador might be trying to test Nibali's strength in stage 10's climbs. Nibali has a comfortable lead of over 2 1/2 minutes over Contador. Stage 8's mountain top finish produced only a 3 second gain by Contador and that sort of gain is simply not going to cut it if He wants to win the Tour. Of course there are far tougher climbs ahead but after 10 days of racing, there are bound to be some very tired legs. Contador's challenge of Nabali in stage 8 seemed pretty anemic so I'm going to be watching tomorrow's stage to see if Contador has what it takes to overtake Nabali's lead. I have my doubts.

Alberto Contador has crashed and is out of the Tour. The terrible weather has taken it toll and I've lost all interest in the race. Nabali appears to be the favorite but the excitement is gone for me as is my $$$

With both pre race favorites out of the race due to early crashes, Vincenzo Nibali has taken total command of this year's Tour. The next 2 days in the Pyrenees will be the last chance for any outsiders to try and prevent Nibali from coasting to a convincing win ! If anyone is still following this race, the next 2 days will be interesting as desperation takes hold. Nibali has looked so strong that it's a shame that Froome and Contador crashed out early. It's so hard to judge Nibali's domination when the other 2 strong climbers aren't around. Next year ?

Vincenzo Nibali won his 4 th stage today walking away with a dominating stage win and solidifying his lead to over 7 minutes ! He looked so strong throughout I really have my doubt that Contador or Froome could have toped him this year. Intense fight remains for 2 nd and 3 rd spots with a long time trial remaining.

Nibali easily won the Tour De France winning by almost 8 minutes for the biggest margin in almost 20 years now ! This year's Tour was most likely the toughest I have ever seen with 5 Mountain top finishes. There was no $$ for me this year as both Contador and Froome crashed out early and Nibali odds were in the - 3000 range as there were no climbers left in the field to challenge him.

I haven't been posting much but I did intend to post PRIOR to the start of this year's tour De France. However I forgot my password and asked for a update on this site ! However whoever is doing that function failed to e-mail me my password and therefore I was unable to post. Too bad as my pick was Chris Froome and He is currently leading the Tour and in great shape to win this year's Tour. Really not sure why nobody answered my request for my password. It makes me wonder how many others are locked out from posting simply because somebody on this site has gone to sleep. Anyways I finally guessed my password and at least until they 86 me, I will post my thoughts on a daily basis once again. Bad spill at end of todays Stage has caused Martin to withdraw with a broken collarbone. Clearly this puts Chris Froome in the Yellow and He really was the leader for the overall championship anyway as Martin had NO chance of hanging on in the mountains !

RX Wizard
    gl. Injury finished his chances a yr ago . Hopefully, not the case this yr!!!!!!

he's on Pinarello's flagship, The Dogma F8

I bet Chris Froome at + 250 at William Hill here in Vegas. However WH doesn't give me any odds to wager on stages once the tour has started. However tomorrow is a stage that goes strickly to the sprinters so riders like Greipel, Cavendish, Sagan will be in the hunt. Throw in a few more and it should be a exciting finish ! If you have some offshores that show odds on stages, I would be glad to give my opinion. GL

Kermit, good to hear from you. I created a thread a couple weeks ago and didn't hear from you and was wondering where you were. GLad to see you are back.

What are your thoughts on these odds to win and then below that to win the next stage (7). Thanks!

Tour de France 2015 - General Classification Winner
    Others on request. All wagers have action.
    5:58a Chris Froome 8/11
    Nairo Quintana 5/2
    Alberto Contador 8/1
    Vincenzo Nibali 12/1
    Tejay Van Garderen 16/1
    Joaquim Rodriguez 40/1

Stage 7

Andre Griepel 2/1
    Mark Cavendish 5/2
    Peter Sagan 4/1
    Alexander Kristoff 7/1
    John Degenkolb 9/1
    Bryan Coquard 25/1
    Arnaud Demare 25/1
    Edvald Boasson Hagen 33/1
    Sam Bennett 50/1

The main reason I took Froome is that He was in good form and He was shooting for the Tour De France. Contador racing in the Giro and now coming back to try to win both is a little too ambitious IMHO. Few have been able to win the double ! As you know the Mountain stages still lie ahead and that is where the Tour is always won. However Froome has survived some hard stages already like the Cobblestones so I like his chances and believe the only way He loses is IF he falls as He is great in the Mountains. For tomorrows sprint, they have the correct 2 favorites but I'd take a chance on Sagan at 4/1 or Kristoff at 7/1. It's a perfect setup for Kristoff IF He was in great form. He's not but He's very close and I like the odds.

Today's race was won by Mark Cavendish as form pretty much prevailed as the top 5 favorites all finished in the top 5. Froome is the overall leader. Tomorrow is almost certainly another day for the sprinters. I think the race favors Peter Sagan as even though it's a sprint, the finish is a slightly uphill which should play into his strength. GL

If anyone has posted odds for tomorrow's race, I'd be interested in taking a look. Nobody here in Vegas posts anything once the race has started.

One of the books that I use does, whenever I see It tonight, I will post it on here.

RX Wizard
    damn, fantastic late attack by Vuillermoz, pulled away and would not be denied. Former mountain rider,

Froome retains the yellow jersey. He did very well, on his own at the end. Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg day with team trials. BMC is damn strong.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbet1234 View Post
    How ya been Kermit?
    Doing great ! Just enjoying retirement ! You ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricboff View Post
    damn, fantastic late attack by Vuillermoz, pulled away and would not be denied. Former mountain rider,

Froome retains the yellow jersey. He did very well, on his own at the end. Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg day with team trials. BMC is damn strong.
    Yes, I think Froome was just concentrating on making sure He didn't lose any time on the main competitors for the GC. Big story today is what's with last year's winner Nibali ? When interview shortly after race, He mumbled something about tomorrow's team time trial ! Really ? Seems like he was the only one that couldn't keep up on the final short climb and He lost 10 seconds ! Speaking of tomorrow, I expect that BMC will win the team time trial and thereby give the yellow Jersey to Van Garderen. then comes a rest day and off to the mountains ! The fun then begins ! In view of todays performance by Nibali, I'm thinking the race will come down to whether or not Froome stays healthy and stays away from any crashes. Contador is close but I doubt he gets the Giro and Tour De france double as few have ever been able to accomplish that. A crash by Froome and Van Garderen and Quintana will be in the hunt. GL

Here is some updated odds. See anything worth taking Kermit?

Tour de France 2015 - General Classification Winner

5:58a
    Chris Froome
    2/3
    Nairo Quintana
    9/4
    Alberto Contador
    8/1
    Tejay Van Garderen
    14/1
    Vincenzo Nibali
    20/1
    Joaquim Rodriguez
    66/1
    Rigoberto Uran
    66/1
    Alejandro Valverde
    125/1
    Alexis Vuillermoz
    150/1
    Bauke Mollema
    150/1
    Jean Christophe Peraud
    150/1
    Romain Bardet
    150/1
    Warren Barguil
    150/1
    Andrew Talansky
    200/1
    Dan Martin
    200/1
    Jakob Fuglsang
    200/1
    Rafal Majka
    200/1
    Thibaut Pinot
    200/1
    Geraint Thomas
    250/1
    Leopold Konig
    250/1
    Roman Kreuziger
    250/1
    Rui Costa
    250/1
    Laurens Ten Dam
    300/1
    Michael Rogers
    300/1
    Michal Kwiattkowski
    300/1
    Pierre Rolland
    300/1
    Richie Porte
    300/1
    Adam Yates
    400/1
    Peter Kennaugh
    500/1
    Rafael Valls
    500/1
    Wilco Kelderman
    500/1

Tour de France 2015 - Stage 9 Winner

5:59a
    BMC
    10/11
    Team Sky
    4/1
    Movistar
    9/2
    Astana
    8/1
    Etixx Quick Step
    12/1
    Tinkoff Saxo
    20/1
    Lotto NL Jumbo
    25/1
    IAM
    50/1
    Cannondale-Garmin
    66/1
    AG2R
    150/1
    Bora-Argon
    150/1
    Trek Factory Racing
    150/1
    Lotto Soudal
    250/1
    MTN Qhubeka
    250/1
    Orica Greenedge
    250/1
    Cofidis
    300/1
    FDJ
    300/1
    Giant Alpecin
    300/1
    Katusha
    300/1
    Lampre Merida
    300/1
    Bretagne-Seche
    500/1
    Europcar
    500/1

Tour de France 2015 - Points Classification Winner

6:00a
    Peter Sagan
    1/6
    Andre Greipel
    4/1
    Mark Cavendish
    20/1
    John Degenkolb
    25/1
    Bryan Coquard
    150/1
    Alexander Kristoff
    200/1
    Joaquim Rodriguez
    200/1
    Edvald Boasson Hagen
    250/1

Tour de France 2015 - King of the Mountains Winner

Nairo Quintana
    3/1
    Chris Froome
    7/1
    Julian Arredondo
    8/1
    Pierre Rolland
    8/1
    Thibaut Pinot
    8/1
    Joaquim Rodriguez
    12/1
    Alberto Contador
    16/1
    Steven Kruijswijk
    20/1
    Dan Martin
    25/1
    Daniel Teklehaimanot
    25/1
    Ryder Hesjedal
    25/1
    Rafal Majka
    28/1
    Adam Yates
    33/1
    Alexis Vuillermoz
    33/1
    Romain Bardet
    33/1
    Simon Yates
    33/1
    Vincenzo Nibali
    33/1
    Louis Meintjes
    40/1
    Warren Barguil
    50/1
    Daniel Navarro
    66/1
    Thomas Voeckler
    66/1
    Rafael Valls
    80/1
    Alejandro Valverde
    100/1
    Jakob Fuglsang
    100/1
    Michele Scarponi
    100/1
    Rigoberto Uran
    100/1
    Tim Wellens
    100/1

Tour de France 2015 - Young Rider Classification Winner

Nairo Quintana
    1/7
    Warren Barguil
    9/1
    Romain Bardet
    12/1
    Thibaut Pinot
    20/1
    Eduardo Sepulveda
    66/1
    Adam Yates
    150/1
    Louis Meintjes
    150/1
    Michal Kwiatkowski
    150/1
    Simon Yates
    150/1
    Wilco Kelderman
    150/1
    Tim Wellens
    500/1

Tour de France 2015 - Team Classification Winner

AG2R
    10/11
    Movistar
    4/1
    Tinkoff Saxo
    11/2
    Astana
    10/1
    Team Sky
    10/1
    Cannondale-Garmin
    20/1
    Lotto NL Jumbo
    20/1
    BMC
    25/1
    Trek Factory Racing
    50/1
    Katusha
    100/1
    Lampre Merida
    100/1
    Etixx Quick Step
    150/1
    FDJ
    200/1
    Europcar
    250/1
    IAM
    300/1
    Bora-Argon
    500/1
    Bretagne-Seche
    500/1
    Cofidis
    500/1
    Lotto Soudal
    500/1
    MTN Qhubeka
    500/1
    Orica Greenedge
    500/1
    Giant Alpecin
    1000/1

Tomorrow's stage BMC seems like a lock to me ! Pretty much doubling your $$ !!
    I like Froome but a crash can happen at any time but He looks great so I'd feel confident wagering a little on him to win the Tour